Thursday, December 3, 2009

Figure Drawing for December 3, 2009

45 Minute Pose

This was one of my first drawings done in a figure drawing session about 4 years ago.  I've been going regularly ever since, both here in Winona, MN (which is sadly defunct), and in La Crosse, WI (to present).

During the first few sessions, I remember being very self-conscious about where to rest my eyes while drawing.  I didn't want to feel like I was staring--which is almost impossible **NOT** to do while drawing the model.  It was difficult to not feel like some sort of creepy guy, starin' at a naked person on a platform.  After a couple years of regular figure drawing, I still can't help but still feel a little weird about the whole situation.


This was done with charcoal and white chalk on 18" x 24" Strathmore 500 charcoal paper.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment