Sunday, November 21, 2010

Figure Drawing for November 21, 2010

Hey, it's my 200th Post... Hooray!

Here are the first two paintings I did with watercolor on Yupo paper a couple weeks back.  Yupo is a synthetic paper, which has a smooth, peculiar feel to it.  I've had a tablet of Yupo for almost a year-and-a-half and just now got around to playing with it.  It takes a little getting used to--the paint just sits on top of the "paper" and doesn't absorb into the Yupo at all.  If the watercolor just fails spectacularly, you can just wash it all off and start over again on a clean sheet of paper, again.  :-)

Even though I posted a painting on Yupo last week, these were my first Yupo paintings.  I have a model skull which I decided to use as a still life.  

Of course, I probably should have posted something like this on Halloween.  Oh, well.

* * *

30 Minute Painting


This was done with watercolor on 6" x 9" Yupo paper.

-----

30 Minute Painting


This was done with watercolor on 6" x 9" Yupo paper.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment