Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Figure Drawing for May 4, 2011

2 Minute Pose

As is typical, this is probably one of my favorite pictures I've done in a while and it is something I knocked out in--literally--a couple minutes.  Meanwhile, I have pictures I have worked on for the better part of the hour and not been happy with the results in the least.  In fact, about 50% of the time, I usually like the 5-10 minute pictures better than the longer longer poses.  Oh, well...

Also, as I mentioned in previous posts, for some reason the pastel on black paper never seems to photograph quite right.  In real life, it has a sort of "Velvet Elvis" effect, where the color seems to "pop" off the page in a sort of neon color way. 


This was done with red chalk pastel on 8-1/2" x 11" black cardstock.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment