Thursday, May 14, 2020

Figure Drawing for May 14, 2020

Sketchbook

Greetings!  Well, now, this is unexpected.

Normally, I attend (and help run) Figure Drawing sessions twice a week.  Due to COVID-19 and the generalized Shelter in Place, we've had to close them down for the past two months--since the week of Friday the 13th, 2020 in March (which is vaguely appropriate).  Going twice a week, I was able to build up quite a stack of drawings and paintings to continue to post on this Blog daily, and to cover any times we had to cancel drawing sessions, holidays, etc.  And now I have finally ran out.

So... I've been posting daily for five years, which is a streak I don't want to break at the moment.  Now that I've depleted my stockpile, I suppose I'll post some other things to keep this train running until we start back up again.

On top of Figure Drawing sessions, I also do plenty of sketches, drawings, and paintings in various sketchbooks from books and videos for figure drawings, such as Croquis Cafe and other random sources that catch my eye.  Practice, practice, practice, after all.

* * * 

In this posting (and the next), I was working on expressions from a series of photos I found somewhere on the Internet.


This was done digitally on an iPad Pro in Clip Studio Paint.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment