Monday, May 17, 2010

Figure Drawing for May 17, 2010

Hey, It's my 100th Post! 

And they said it would never last.  Although, to be fair, I'm sure they were really HOPING it wouldn't last and asking WHY it is lasting this long and WHY don't I stop inflicting these drawings on everyone?  Pure sadism on my part would be the guess...


With apologies to Edvard Munch, this vague caricature of myself was done in about 2 hours.  It took about one hour for the black-and-white drawing with charcoal, carbon pencil, and white chalk on 9" x 12" gray bogus paper.  It was then imported into PhotoShop and colorized, which took another hour or so.

Just for fun, here's the original picture which I shot with a camera on the easel.  Although, now that I look at it, I almost think I like the original black-and-white picture better.  Sigh...


If you look in the background, you can see one of the references I used (again, sorry Edvard!), as well as a sneak peak at tomorrow's picture, too.  :-)

.

No comments:

Post a Comment